The Cabinet Secretary Ministry of Sports, Amina Mohammed has appointed a 23 member committee to develop guidelines on resumption of sporting activities in the country.
The committee led by the Chief Administrative Secretary in the Sports Ministry Hon.Hassan Noor Hassan will engage key stakeholders by collecting their views to develop ideal protocols in line with the COVID 19 prevention guidelines.
“Members are expected to recommend protocols that should be applied ahead of permitting resumption of sports, review and make recommendations on any other matter that may affect resumption of sporting activities,” the statement by the CS reads.
The committee has members drawn from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Sports and representatives of sports organizations and is expected present a report to the CS by July 10,2020.
Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153
The members of the committee are;
- Hassan Noor Hassan – Chief Administrative Secretary, Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage, Chairperson
- Pius Metto, Director General Sports Kenya,
- Ms Rose wachuka, Policy Advisor, Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage
- Dr Walter Ongeti Strategy Advisor, Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage
- Mr Japson Gerald Gitonga. Ag. Commissioner of Sports, Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage
- Ms Agnes Olouch, President National Paralympic Committee of Kenya
- Dr Naim Bilal, CEO, Kenya Broadcasting Corporation
- Mr Elias Makori, Editor(Sports) Nation Media Group
- Dr Wycliffe Makanga, Sports Medic
- Dr Doreen Odhiambo, Ag. CEO Kenya Academy of sports
- Dr Japhter Rugut, CEO, Anti-Doping Agency of Kenya
- Ms Rose Wasike, Registrar of Sports
- Mr Barnabas Korir , athletics Kenya
- Mr Francis Mutuiku Secretary General NOC-K
- Ms Christine Mangwana, Head of Legal Ministry of Sports(Secretary)
- Mr Kweya G. Obed Matuli, Sports research scientist
- Dr James Ochola Ondiege, sports Medic
- Ms Sylvia Kamau, sports Expert
- Mr James Odongo, Head of Planning, State Department of Sports
- Mr Francis Odera, Principal Accountant, State Department of Sports
- Mr Felix Ochieng, Administrator
- Mr Gamaliel Omondi, Ministry of Health Representative
- Mr Festus Karani,Ministry of Health Representative