Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI) was established in 1965 as the umbrella body of the private sector in Kenya. It was set up as an amalgamation of three Chambers of Commerce that existed at that time, namely; the Asian, the African and the European chambers of commerce.
Strategy and Leadership
- Collaborate closely with team, Board, and external stakeholders to lead in the creation of our strategy and drive execution. In addition, oversee networking, partnership development and building relationships with existing and prospective donors.
- Proposal writing, Fundraising and Managing Grants
- In collaboration with the team, define and implement targeted comprehensive marketing strategies targeting partnerships to resource organizations growth.
- Drive the revenue growth agenda, oversee the creation and management of a multi-year budget and financial model, while work with your leadership team to ensure that company resources are appropriately managed and strategically invested to most efficiently drive effectiveness and growth.
- Lead organization towards self-sustainability by exploring different revenue models and streams and ensure compliance with all legal and statutory requirements and any agreed protocols.
- A visionary leader with 15+ years of dynamic experience and a proven track-record in managing and growing medium to large organizations’.
- Have vast knowledge and understanding of the various levels of government.
- Demonstrated sound leadership competence in managing multi-faceted stakeholders through role-modeling, mentorship and coaching.
- Hands-on experience in working with MSME and SME development.
- Strong business acumen through financial and environmental awareness
- Proven track record in delivering results in a high-growth environment.
- Extensive overall business management experience with debt management, P&L responsibility, driving investment performance and growing the business
- A Master’s degree in related business field from a recognized university and relevant professional qualification
- Exhibit a total commitment to maintaining high quality service standards of KNCCI; demonstrate service excellence skills in dealing proactively with members and all KNCCI contacts.
Desirable Personality Traits
The preferred candidate should possess and be capable of demonstrating evidence of having;
- High in Emotional Intelligence
- Strong in Stakeholder Management and Team Dynamics
- High in building a cohesive and progressive organization culture
- Innovative and Creative
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills